The Rizzoli Institute and the University of Bologna

The Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute has a long tradition with the University of Bologna, as documented by the fact that since early 1900 the University Orthopaedic Clinic was located there. This historical relationship was acknowledged by the Regional law “29/2004 art. 10” (modified by legislative resolution n.12/2006) that acknowledges the Rizzoli Institute as “location for the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery for research and teaching in orthopaedics”.

To underline this strong connection the regional law considered that one of the three components of the Steering Committee appointed by the Regional Council should be chosen in agreement with the University of Bologna.

The Institute is the teaching site for orthopaedics and rehabilitation for the University of Bologna for degrees in Medicine and Surgery, Nursing and Motor Science, as well as for Post graduate Medical Schools.

The relationship between the Institute and the Alma Mater Studiorum –University of Bologna is regulated by the Regional Law n.29/2004 and by an agreement Accordo Attuativo Locale undersigned on July 23rd, 2010 and acknowledged by the Institute with resolution n. 372 dated July 30th, 2010.

Amongst other points, the latter defines the which are the essential teaching and research structures to be directed by University staff and to be integrated within the two Rizzoli Departments.

Content updated 20/10/2010 - 13:58
Utilizza SharethisShareThis  Scrivi una email  Vai a facebook  Vai a twitter