Prof. Filardo Giuseppe
MD specialized in Orthopaedics and Traumatology, PhD
Orthopaedic Researcher – Chief Research Advisor for Translational and Applied Orthopaedics
- 2004: Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Bologna, with honors (with maximum scores in all 54 exams and GPA 30/30 plus 27 honors).
- 2009: Specialization in Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute-University of Bologna, with honors.
- 2014: PhD on "Cartilage regenerative treatments" rated as "Excellent" at the University of Bologna.
- Professor (Professore titolare) at the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences of USI - Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, Switzerland
- 2018: Qualification at the Italian National Competition for the ranks of Associate and Full Professor (Sector 06/N1 Science of Helathcare Professions and Applied Medical Technologies)
- 2017: Qualification at the Italian National Competition for the ranks of Associate and Full Professor (Sector 06/F4 Diseases of the Lomotor System and Physical and Rehabilitative Medicine)
- President of the Cartilage Committee of the national society SIGASCOT and member of the Cartilage Committee of the European society ESSKA, Deputy-Chair of the Fellowship Committee of ICRS
- Fellow member of ICRS since 2017, a senior and honorary membership status reserved to someone that has made a significant contribution to the field of cartilage repair and/or related regenerative medicine or to the society
- Research fellow at the Rush Cartilage Restoration Center in Chicago (IL), USA, focusing on clinical research with Prof. Brian Cole; and at the Departments of Biochemistry Orthopedic Surgery & Internal Medicine (Section of Rheumatology), Rush University Medical Center, focusing on basic research in the orthopaedic field with Prof. Susan Chubinskaya
- 3-time winner of the Fiorini prize for best University student at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Bologna.
- 2005: winner of the Rotary Prize for the best University graduate.
- 2018-21: Chief Research Advisor for Translational and Applied Orthopaedics
- 2017-20: Researcher at the Orthopaedic and Traumatology Unit of the Regional Hospital of Lugano, Switzerland
- 2014-17: Researcher and Orthopaedic Surgeon at the University of Bologna – Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute
- 2010-14: Orthopaedic Researcher at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute and winner of research grants by the University of Bologna.
- Italian: mother tongue.
- English: excellent.
- German: basic.
Familiar with writing and presentation programs.
Lectures in the orthopaedic field for the University of Bologna and scientific societies.
- Member of the Editorial Boards of AJSM, JEO, BioMed Res Int, and OJSM journals
- Reviewer for KSSTA, AJSM, and Cartilage Journals
- Winner of the Best Reviewer Award 2015-16 of the Journal of Experimental Orthopaedics (JEO)
- Winner in 2016 of the Award "Una vita per la ricerca" in memory of Prof. Francesco Antonio Manzoli at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute
- Winner of international fellowships: SIGASCOT-GOTS in 2012 and Peterson-SANOFI ICRS in 2013
- Author: most cited article of AJSM in 2009-2010, 5 leading articles of KSSTA Journal, best presentation at VII Ortomed Congress 2012
- Winner of Start Cup CNR-Il Sole 24 Ore 2010, and Special Innovation Swiss Award 2011
- Winner at the AAOS 2011 for the best scientific Exhibit and Award Cum Laude at the ICRS 2013 and 2015 for the best cartilage studies
- Participant to several national and international research projects on orthopaedic biotechnologies: International Projects: TEMPLANT, OPHIS, BIO-COMET; National Projects: POR-FESR2007-2013, PRRU 2007-2009, PRRU2010-2012, FIRB2010, RF2007, RF2009, RF2010, RF2011
- Grants won as collaborator:
- Grants won as Principal Investigator:
- ERA-NET Cofound Euronanomed III 2017 (8th ENM JTC) for the European Project NANO-SCORES (principal investigator and coordinator)
- Finalized Research Grant 2016 GR-2016-02361990 "Treatment of osteoarthritis: a new strategy for a new etiopathology target from clinical application to research and back"
- External Expert Advisory Board of BIO-CHIP European Project (2017)
- Member of the multisociety panel GIMBE Evidence for Health in 2017 for recommendations development on viscosupplementation "Appropriatezza della viscosupplementazione nelle patologie osteoarticolari"
- Presentations: 167 (95 in international conferences), among which 139 upon invitation (72 international)
- Author of 302 articles on international journals (279 with impact factor), 20 on national journals, 46 book chapters, 39 published abstracts
- H Index: Scopus 53; Google Scholar 65 – since 2014 (last 5 yrs) 55
- Citations: Scopus: 9420; Google Scholar 14527 – since 2014 (last 5 yrs) 10193.
Regenerative medicine (biomaterials, mesenchymal stem cells and platelet growth factors) for the treatment of musculoskeletal tissues, in particular for the treatment of cartilage, meniscus, and tendon lesions.
Promotore/organizzatore dei seguenti eventi formativi.