Participation in research projects and scientific activity:
- 2017-21: EC-Horizon 2020, "A multi-centre, open-label, randomized, comparative clinical trial of two different doses of bone marrow autologous human mesenchymal stem cells plus biomaterial versus iliac crest autologous graft, for bone healing in non-union after long bone fractures", Orthunion, EUDRACT Nº 2015-000431-32
- 2017: reviewer for the call PRIN, Prot. 20179EXKST, MIUR
- 2016-21: IOR referent person in the project ERC 2015 "Biomimetic trick to rebalance osteoblast-osteoclast loop in osteoporosis treatment: a topological and materials-driven approach - BOOST"of the POLITO
- 2014-17: IOR co-referent person in the project COST Action: New Generation Biomimetic and Customized Implants for Bone Engineering - NEWGEN MP1301
- 2014: Expert evaluator of the European Commission, call H2020-PHC-2015-twostage "Tools and technologies for advanced therapies"
- 2013-16: Region-University Research Program 2010-2012 - Area 1 Innovative research "Regenerative medicine of cartilage and bone. Treatment of early osteonecrosis (ON) of the femoral head with regenerative medicine"
- 2010-15: EC-FP7 "Regenerating bone defects using new biomedical engineering approaches", REBORNE
- 2010-12: MIUR-PRIN "Differenziamento di cellule stromali midollari in biopolimeri polipeptidici per ingegneria tissutale"
- 2008-2012: Associate Editor of Advanced Biomaterials
- 2005-08: IOR referent person in the project EC-FP6 "Intelligent nanocomposite for bone tissue repair and regeneration", NANOBIOCOM
- 2005-08: EC-FP6 "'Injectable macroporous biomaterial based on calcium phosphate cement for bone regeneration", SmartCaP
- 2005-06: MIUR-PRIN "Film autoassemblanti di oligopeptidi sintetici per superfici biomimetiche"
- 2002-2008: Associate Editor of Biomaterials
- Co-inventor of the international patent n° PCT/ES2004/070045.
Author or co-author of over 175 scientific papers published in indexed journals.
H Index: 41 (Scopus 2020).
Revisor: Biomaterials, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Cell Research, Biomacromolecules, Macromolecular Biosciences, Tissue Engineering, Journal of Material Science: Materials in Medicine, Journal of Dental Research, Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Stem Cell Research and Therapy, Stem Cells and Translational Medicine, Polymers, Journal of Functional Biomaterials, Acta Biomaterialia, Materials.