The Rizzoli Institute in history

Inauguration of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (june 28, 1896) with Royalty present.Founded in 1896, the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute from the very beginning was interlocked with the progress of orthopaedics and traumatology in Italy and worldwide, especially thanks to the first directors, Alessandro Codivilla and Vittorio Putti.

The historical aspect though is also due to the location and the complex that houses the Rizzoli Hospital: the Monastery of San Michele in Bosco. The history of this monumental complex dates back at least to the XIVth century.

This section gives a idea of the events (stories of kings, popes, scholars and famous artists) that characterized it.

The historical, monumental and artistic value of San Michele in Bosco made it a natural candidate for the Genus Bononiae – Musei nella Città, the project for the Town museums funded by the Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna Foundation. To redevelop the monumental complex and to restore its connection with the Town, the green area that surrounds the hospital – a real park – was refurbished with challenging project.

Content updated 30/11/2010 - 10:54
Utilizza SharethisShareThis  Scrivi una email  Vai a facebook  Vai a twitter