Salamanna Francesca, Phd
Degree in Biological Sciences at the University of Bologna.
- PhD in Biological and Molecular Sciences, Biomaterials Section, University of Pisa
- Licence to practise the profession of Biologist, University of Bologna.
- From 2020: Health researcher, Unit Surgical Sciences and Technologies, IOR
- 2019-20: Health researcher, Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR
- 2016-19: Contract researcher, Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR
- 2016-18: Contract researcher, Laboratory of Biocompatibility, Technological Innovations and Advanced Therapies and Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR
- 2010-16: Contract researcher (Operational Programme FESR 2007-2013 in the Emilia-Romagna Region: Activity 1.1 "Creazione di Tecnopoli per la Ricerca"), Laboratory of Biocompatibility, Technological Innovations and Advanced Therapies, Department Rizzoli Innovation and Technology, IOR
- 2007-10: Contract researcher (Research Projects: M.U.R. Project FIRB National Research Network TissueNet – Platforms - Protocol networks RBPR05RSM2), Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR.
Excellent knowledge of the Office Suite and of software for image acquisition, processing and analysis (Leica Qwin, Zeiss Axiovision, CellSence, ImageJ). Experience in the execution of both manual interactive measurements and multiparameter automatic measurements on the acquired images.
Author of several articles on international impacted reviews. Activity as scientific reviewer for international impacted reviews. Lead Guest Editor for the journal BioMed Research International.
Preclinical research activities directed to the scientific industry. In vitro and in vivo preclinical evaluations on biocompatibility, biofunctionality, bioactivity and therapeutic efficacy of biomaterials, scaffolds, implants and biomedical devices according to ISO 10993. Systematic approach to biological evaluation of medical devices for industries and research centers for commercialization and clinical transfer. Main responsibilities: management of research projects, performing specific activities for research projects, relationships with customers.