The Certified email (Posta Elettronica Certificata – PEC) is a transmission mechanism which allows to certify the sending, integrity and actual delivery of an email message. Practically, it permits to provide the email message with the same legal value of a traditional registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, fully counting as a certified notification.
WARNING: we would like to explicitly ask you to send your message to ONLY ONE of the Rizzoli PEC addresses, whichever you choose.
PEC address for users and citizens
Warning! This PEC email address only receives message from other certified addresses. That is, it does not receive messages sent with non-certified email systems. Citizens who are not provided with certified email addresses are kindly asked to send their communications to the Institute’s non-certified email addresses, or to directly access the “Contact us” page from the website homepage.
PEC address for public administrations, companies and professionals
Complete list of the PEC addresses of the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute: please consult the Index of Public Administrations
General information on PEC messages sent to the IOR addresses
The attachments to the messages addressed to the IOR certified email addresses must comply to the following requisites:
- The used formats must be unmodifiable and without executable codes or macros;
- Attachments will always be accepted if they comply to the international ISO documents standards, or if they are printable on a graphic layout that is identical to their layout on the computer screen;
- Preferred formats: .pdf/a, .tiff, .jpeg, .rtf, .txt, .ods, .odt, .docx, .xlsx, .p7m.
- In all other cases, not mentioned here, the administration reserves its right to accept the received message and to periodically update the list of accepted files formats, depending on exigencies related to technological evolutions;
- If the file is produced through a scanner, we advise to set the scanner on a resolution (lower than 100dpi) capable of allowing the readability of the document, as well as of containing its weight the minimum. In any case, the message must not exceed a total weight of 10 megabytes.
- The digitally signed files (.p7m) must refer to signatures that are provided with a certification – released by an accredited certification body – valid at the time of the signature, and to the aforementioned formats.