Borciani Giorgia, MSc
MSc in Medical, veterinary and pharmaceutical Biotechnology, with honors.
Qualified as a Professional Biologist in 2019.
- From 2018: research fellow of "Politecnico" of Torino (Department of Applied Science and Technology - DISAT) at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Laboratory for Orthopaedic Pathophysiology and Regenerative Medicine.
- 2017-18: biomedical laboratory technician at the histopathology laboratory of the Institute for Neurological Sciences of Bologna, Bellaria Hospital.
Use of the Office suite and software dedicated to image acquisition and analysis such as NIS-Element.
Use of the graphics software Affinity Designer and biostatistical program, data fitting and grapher GraphPad.
Participation in the European research project ERC BOOST: Biomimetic trick to re-balance Osteoblast-Osteoclast loop in osteoporosis treatment: a topological and materials driven approach.
- Biology of bone tissue with particular interest in the physiology of osteoblasts and osteoclasts and bone histology.
- Metabolic bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Biocompatibility of bone graft materials.
- Regenerative medicine, bone tissue engineering and 3D bioprinting.