Borsari Veronica, BSc, PhD
Level-B Professional assignment: In vitro and in vivo studies on the microenvironment of pathologies of the muscular-skeletal system
2000: Degree in Biological Sciences, Biomolecular Course, University of Bologna, Italy.
2005: PhD in Biomaterials, University of Pisa, Italy.
- From 2020: Executive biologist at the Unit of Surgical Sciences and Technologies, IOR
- 2016-20: Executive biologist at the Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR
- From 2016: Permanent contract as manager at the Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR
- 2010-16: Executive Biologist at the BITTA Laboratory, Rizzoli RIT Department, IOR, Bologna. Management of research projects, carrying out specific activities for research projects, customer relations, quality representative
- 2007-10: Researcher at the Laboratory of Preclinical Surgical Studies, IOR. Preclinical evaluation of devices for regenerative medicine in the F.I.R.B. project 'Rete nazionale di ricerca Tissuenet'
- March 2005 - March 2007: Researcher at the Laboratory of Preclinical Surgical Studies, IOR. Evaluation of the biological response to orthopedic biomaterials with different surface chemistry and morphology
- January 2002 - February 2005: PhD in Biomaterials on the osteointegration of orthopedic biomaterials in pathological bone at the Laboratory of Preclinical Surgical Studies, IOR
- April 2001 - September 2001: Training at the Laboratory of Oncologic Research, IOR
- April 2000 - March 2001: Training at the Laboratory of Cellular Biology, IOR
English: fluent, Spanish: basic.
Microsoft Windows XP and Apple Mac OS X; Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); main Internet browsers and online bibliographic research; Outlook and Eudora; software for image analysis (Leica QWin, Zeiss Axiovision , Aperio ImageScope); Openwork; Cardinis.
- Participation in research projects funded by public agencies or private firms.
- Principal investigator in the project “Tumour microenvironment: potential role of osteoporosis in the development of bone metastases. In vitro and in vivo studies”, Region-University 2010-12 Program, area 1 "Innovative research", call "Young Researchers".
- Member of the Italian Society of Biomaterials (SIB).
Biomaterials; biocompatibility; osteointegration; osteoporosis; osteoarthritis; osteomyelitis; bone metastases; development of in vitro advanced models; tissue engineering; aging; cell biology; histology and histomorphometry.