Ruffilli Alberto, MD
Consultant, 1st Orthopaedic and traumatologic Clinic
- 2007: Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Bologna, with honors.
- 2013: Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, with honors.
2016: PhD in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Bologna.
- From 2008: Surgeon involved in the harvest of bone tissue at the bone bank of the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute with over 100 explants performed;
- 2012: Observership in sports medicine at the Taos orthopaedic Institute (Taos, NM, USA) directed by Prof. Jim Lubowitz;
- 2013-14: Grant researcher at the 1st Orthopedics and Traumatology Clinic, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute;
- 2015-16: Orthopedic Consultant at the Rizzoli-Sicilia Department;
- 2016-17: Orthopedic Consultant at the Spine Deformity Unit, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute;
- From may 2017: Orthopedic Consultant at the 1st Orthopaedics and Traumatology Clinic, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute.
Experience with Windows and Ox-X operative systems. Knowledge of computer assisted surgery.
2018: National scientific Abilitation as Associate Professor SC 06/F4, SSD MED/33.
- Teacher for the school of specialization in Orthopaedics and traumatology.
- Teacher for the nursing master in Orthopedic and traumatology.
- Tutor in several national and international cadaver lab.
- Author of over 40 papers in SCI journals;
- Author of over 30 papers printed in non SCI journals;
- Author of several book chapters and monographies;
- Author of several presentations at the most important national and international medical congresses;
- Author of several award-winning scientific videos of surgical techniques presented at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons;
- Winner of the award of excellence at 2011 American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons meeting in San Diego for the best scientific exhibit.
- Spine surgery (scoliosis, Kyphosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative spine, flat back surgery);
- Knee surgery (sports medicine, ACL, PCL, PAPE, PAPI reconstruction, Multiligament reconstruction, meniscal repair and transplant, osteotomy, patellar instability surgery, treatment of focal osteochondral defects with mesenchymal cells, UKR, TKR revision UKR and TKR and computer aided surgery);
- Ankle surgery (sports medicine, pathologies of the Achilles tendon, ankle instability, osteochondral lesions, impingement);
- Regenerative medicine.