Ciani Giovanni, MD
Orthopaedic spine surgeon at Spine Unit
Degree in medicine and surgery in 2016 at the University of Bologna (110 with honors)
Specialization in Orthopedics and Traumatology in 2022 at the University of Bologna (vote 110 with honors)
- From 2019 internal resident at the Spine Surgery Unit and subsequently from 2021 at the Spinal Surgery Unit.
- From 2022 position as medical director with MFS contract at the Spinal Surgery Unit.
- From 31/12/2022 position of medical director specialist in orthopedics and traumatology at the Vertebral Surgery Unit
Italiano: mother tongue
- Ability to use the main computer operating systems and Office systems
- Ability to use robotic assisted surgical planning and navigation systems
- Publication of 10 articles in scientific journals
- Participation in numerous congresses in the field of orthopedic oncology and vertebral surgery, of which presenting author in 4 main scientific papers.
- Participation as one of the principal investigators of the experimental study: Minimally invasive surgery vs standard posterior approach in the treatment of childhood idiopathic scoliosis: randomized study
- Participation as one of the main conductors of the experimental study: on the treatment with vertebral body tethering of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
- Participation as a Principal Investigator in the Observational Study: Minimally Invasive Surgery vs Standard Posterior Approach in the Treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Two-Year Follow-Up Retrospective Study
- Participation in the clinical study on superior cluneal nerve entrapment among the causes of chronic low back pain: epidemiology, clinical-diagnostic evaluation and therapy
- Participation in various training courses in the field of innovative techniques in spinal surgery including:
- Deformity symposium 2022: course on main techniques in the field of scoliosis surgery
- Instructional Course: The Tether hands-on training: practical course on the use of tethering in scoliosis surgery
- ExcelsiusGPS® System training program: practical course on the use of robotic navigation in spinal surgery
- Member of SIOT (Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology)
- GIS SICV member (Italian Scoliosis Group – Italian Society of Spine Surgery)
- AO Spine member 2020-2021
The main areas of interest are the degenerative pathologies of the spine and the idiopathic scoliosis of the adolescent and associated innovative techniques, especially in the minimally invasive treatment of idiopathic scoliosis (of which it actively participates in the main ongoing clinical studies), in the treatment with tethering in idiopathic scoliosis and in the use of navigated robotic surgery