Assirelli Elisa, MSc
Biology research manager
2003: Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science, University of Bologna, Italy.
2007: Master's degree in Medical Genetics, University of Ferrara, Italy.
- 2018-now Biology research manager at the Immunorheumatology and Tissue Regeneration Laboratory, Rizzoli Ortopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
- 2008-2018 biologist researcher (research contract or fellowship) at the Immunorheumatology and Tissue Regeneration Laboratory, Rizzoli Ortopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
- 2003-2007 biologist (co.co.co., diagnostic activity) at the Laboratory of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology “Lalla Seragnoli”, S.Orsola-Malpighi Hospital. University of Bologna, Italy
Windows and Macintosh operating systems, use of Office application and database management (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, FileMaker Pro). Major databases of interest in Biology (PubMed-Medline, Genbank, BLAST). Application programs of scientific interest.
- 2010-2015 Research project of University & Reasearch Ministry, FIRB: Pathogenesis and molecular targets in degenerative muscoskeletal diseases
- 2012 –2016 target research project of Italian Health Ministry “Prognostic value of a combined panel of soluble and genetic biomarkers in patients with early arthritis”
- 2010-2018 Principal Investigator of the project “Regional register-based biobank development and pharmacogenetic analysis: synergistic strategies driving towards personalized medicine in Rheumatoid Arthritis management” winner in the Young Researcher (“Alessandro Liberati”) 2013 call, Area 1 “Innovative Research”, Research Program University-Region.
- 2019-2020 research project “medicina di precisione dell’artrite reumatoide precoce: combinazione di biomarcatori immunofenotipici, genetici ed epigenetici per lo sviluppo di algoritmi predittivi della risposta terapeutica” funded by fondazione Roche per la Ricerca
- 2019-present Rheumatoid Arthritis Biobank- Biological research Centre
Author of 16 scientific publication in journals with IF
Research in the field of main rheumatic diseases (Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis), immunohistochemistry and histochemistry, organ cultures, isolation and culture of primary lines of chondrocytes and synoviocytes, functional analysis, analysis of soluble biomarkers. Rheumatology diagnostics, genetics of Osteoarthritis. Handling and transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells, cell therapy, quality management, regulation and development of research biobanks.