Trisolino Giovanni, MD
MD, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – Pediatric Orthopaedics and Traumatology – Hip and Knee Surgery
Graduated in Medicine in 2002 at the University of Bologna (with honors), discussing the thesis entitled "Sensitivity to implant materials in patients undergoing total joint replacement" (Mentor: Prof. Armando Giunti).
From 2002 to 2007 Dr. Trisolino attended the School of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute of Bologna. In 2007 he obtained the specialty certification in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University of Bologna (with honors), discussing the thesis entitled "Two-stage reimplantation for periprosthetic knee infection" (Mentor: Prof. Armando Giunti).
He gained the license to practice medicine in 2003.
- From 2019: Member of the National Advisory Board of the Italian Society of Pediatric Orthopaedics and Traumatology (SITOP)
- From 2014: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Unit of Pediatric Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute
- 2008-14 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Unit of Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgery
- 2008: Consultant at the 1st Clinic of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (Head.: Prof. Armando Giunti)
- 2002-07: Resident at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute
- 2000-02: trauma and orthopaedic surgical trainee at 1st Clinic of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (Prof. Armando Giunti).
- More than 3.000 surgical procedures performed in his career, of which more than 1.500 operations performed as first operator.
- He holds the position of surgical team-leader at the IOR Bone and Soft Tissue Bank.
- 2019: Elected member of the National Advisory Board of the Italian Society of Pediatric Orthopaedics and Traumatology (SITOP)
- 2013: Winner of the "Carisbo Foundation" Scholarship with the study entitled: "Role of the meniscus in OA pathology and symptoms"
- 2011: Winner of the Young Researcher Project "Role of the meniscus in OA pathology and symptoms" (Grant agreement GR-2010-2317593), funded by the Italian Ministry of Health in cooperation with the Department of Rheumatology - University of Padua – Italy (dr. Marta Favero), The RAMSES Lab – IRCCS IOR (dr. E. Olivotto) and with the Hospital for Special Surgery of New York, NY USA (Prof. SR Goldring and Prof MB Goldring)
- 2008: Winner of the "Carisbo Foundation" Scholarship with the study entitled: "Role of the meniscus in OA pathology and symptoms"
- 2005: Winner of the "GOTS-AIRCAST/SIGASCOT" Travelship. During this travelship Dr. Trisolino had the possibility to visit some of the main European Institutions for sports medicine and foot and anankle surgery:
- Shon Klinikum - Munich, Germany (Dr. Markus Walther)
- University Clinic University Hospital - Basel, Switzerland (Dr. Beat Hintermann)
- Oberarzt, Klinik für Orthopädie und Sporttraumatologie - Köln, Germany (Dr. Rüdiger Schmidt-Wiethoff)
- Universitätsklinikum - Heidelberg, Germany (Dr. Holger Schmitt)
- Academic Visitor at the department of Orthopedic Surgery of the University Hospital of Aarhus - Denmark (Prof. K. Soballe) in November 2011, for the study of periacetabular osteotomy with minimally invasive technique in the treatment of hip dysplasia in adults
- Academic Visitor at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York (Prof. T. Sculco and Prof. R. Buly) in March-April 2010, for the study of hip preserving surgery and hip arthroscopy techniques.
- Member of the provincial Association of physicians, surgeons and dentists of Bologna
- Active Member of the Italian Society of Pediatric Orthopaedcs and Traumatology (SITOP)
- Active Member of the European Pediatric Orthopaedic Society (EPOS)
- Intenational Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
Italian: mother tongue.
- Knowledge and use of the main applications of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Windows MovieMaker
- Knowledge of fundamentals of biostatistics applications and use of IBM SPSS Statistics 25 GraphPad G-Power for data analysis and clinical methodology
- Knowledge and use of the main browsers for Internet surfing (Explorer, Mozilla, Chrome)
- Knowledge and use of the most important biomedical databases available on Internet (MedLine-PubMed, CINHAL, Embase, PEDro, SpringerImages).
Co-supervisor of 6 degree and specialty theses.
- Author of 52 scientific publications (20 as first, last or corresponding author), including 38 papers with IF and 35 papers indexed on Pubmed (H-Index: 11. Citations number: 545. Source: Scopus Elsevier. Last update: August 2020)
- Author of 94 papers and posters presented at national (including 24 papers submitted to the Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology) and international conferences (3 papers submitted to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons; 2 papers submitted to the Orthopedic Research Society; 6 papers submitted to the European Pediatric Orthopedic Society; 9 reports submitted to the European Federation of National Associations of Orthopedics and Traumatology)
- Reviewer for: Interational Orthopaedics, Arthritis Research and Therapy, Nature Scientific Reports, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, SAGE Open medical case Reports, Journal of Functional Biomaterials, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
- Co-investigator of the Young Researcher Project "Role of the meniscus in OA pathology and symptoms" (Grant agreement GR-2010-2317593), funded by the Italian Ministry of Health in cooperation with the Department of Rheumatology - University of Padua – Italy (Dr. Marta Favero) and with the Hospital for Special Surgery of New York, NY USA (Prof. SR Goldring and Prof MB Goldring)
- Sub-investigator of the European Project "ADIPOA-Adipose derived stromal cells for osteoarthritis treatment" (Grant agreement N. 241719) in cooperation with the Laboratory of Immunoreumatology and Tissue Regeneration (RAMSES) of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (Prof. Andrea Facchini)
- Sub-investigator of the European Project "MYOAGE–Understanding and Combating Age-related Muscle Weakness" (Grant agreement n. 223576) in cooperation with the Department of Experimental, Diagnostic and Specialty Medicine (DIMES) - School of Medicine of the University Of Bologna (Prof. Claudio Franceschi) and with the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, University of Nottingham – UK (Prof. Marco Narici)
- Co-investigator of the projects GSPSPK1 and GSPSPK2 funded by Rottapharm S.P.A. – Monza – Italy for the study of the clinical and pharmacokinetic properties of the glucosamine sulphate in the treatment of the knee osteoarthritis, in cooperation with the laboratory of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Bologna.
- congenital and acquired hip disorders (congenital hip dysplasia, SCFE, Perthes disease, femoral-acetabular impingement, AVN and post-traumatic disorders)
- congenital and acquired knee disorders (valgus knee, varus knee, congenital and abitual patella dislocation, sports injuries, arthroscopic surgery)
- foot diseases and deformities (congenital clubfoot, flat foot, forefoot deformities, hemimelia and longitudinal defects of the leg and foot)
- limb length discrepancy of the lower limbs (congenital deficiencies, post-traumatic LLD...)
- congenital and acquired deformities of the upper limb (Sprengel's shoulder, congenital nonunion of the clavicle, congenital and post-traumatic deformities of the elbow and forearm)
- rare musculoskeletal diseases and deformities, genetic syndromes and chromosomopathies.