Neri Simona, Biologist
Biology research manager
1993: Degree in Biological Science, with honors, University of Bologna, Italy.
- 1999: PhD in Cellular biology and physiology, University of Bologna, Italy.
- 2003: Specialization in Clinical Pathology, with honors, University of Bologna, Italy.
- 1993-1998: attendance at the Experimental Pathology Department, University of Bologna.
- 1999-2001: research fellowship, Internal medicine and gastroenterology department, University of Bologna.
- 2001-2008: attendance at the Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR, Bologna, Italy (research temporary contract, fellowship).
- 1/2/2017-31/8/2018 Biology research manager, Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Medical Genetics Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria di Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy.
- 29/12/2008-present Biology research manager, Laboratory of Immunorheumatology and tissue regeneration, IOR, Bologna, Italy.
Fluent English and French.
Good skills: application of tools for word processing, database management, graphic systems and statistical analysis.
1998: Teacher of the “Molecular and interphase cytogenetic course”, European Leonardo da Vinci course for post-degree education.
Tutor for degree thesis in Biological Sciences.
35 in scientific journals, IF, 3 book chapters.
h index (SCOPUS): 17
Reviewer of the following scientific journals:
Acta Biomaterialia, Acta Histochemica, Aging, Annals of Translational Medicine, Biomedicines, Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, Biotechnology journal, Cell biology and toxicology, Cell proliferation, Cell transplantation, Clinical and translational medicine, Drug design Development and Therapy, Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, Genetics and molecular biology, International Journal of Molecular Medicine, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, International Journal of Nanomedicine, Journal of Developmental Biology, Journal of Regenerative medicine, Journal of Translational Genetics and Genomics, Marine drugs, Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, Medical Science Monitor, Molecular Medicine Reports, Oncology reports, Orthopedic Research and Reviews, Osteoarthritis & cartilage, Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity, Polymers, Scientific Reports, Stem Cells and Development, Tissue Engineering.
Research fields: Medical Orthopedic Pathology and Regenerative Medicine. Cartilage pathophysiology: basic and clinical research. DNA damage during in vitro and in vivo cellular aging. Biosafety evaluation and monitoring during in vitro manipulation of cell therapy products. Study of mechanical stimulation effect in the maintenance of cartilage homeostasis.