The Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute has a long tradition with the University of Bologna, as documented by the fact that since early 1900 the University Orthopaedic Clinic was located there. This historical relationship was acknowledged by the Regional law “29/2004 art. 10” (modified by legislative resolution n.12/2006) that acknowledges the Rizzoli Institute as “location for the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery for research and teaching in orthopaedics”.
The relationship between the Institute and the Alma Mater Studiorum –University of Bologna is regulated by the Regional Law n.29/2004 and by an agreement Accordo Attuativo Locale acknowledged by the Institute with resolution n. 372 dated July 30th, 2010 and then n.215 dated June 24th 2020.
The Institute is the teaching site for orthopaedics and rehabilitation for the University of Bologna for degrees in Medicine and Surgery, Nursing and Motor Science, as well as for Post graduate Medical Schools (specialization school of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation).