De Luca Angela, PhD
Health Researcher - Omic Science Platform for Personalized Orthopedics
2005: Degree in Biological Sciences, University of Palermo.
- 2016: Postgraduate diploma in Clinical Biochemistry, School of Medicine – University of Milan
- 2010: Ph.D in Physical Activities Science, School of Medicine – University of Palermo
- 2008: First level Master in"Cytotoxicity - Cancer and Environment: analysis of biochemical markers, for the assessment of risks of air, land and marine pollution"
- 2005: National qualification for the profession of Biologist, University of Palermo.
- Dal 2020: Health Researcher at the IOR, Omic Science Platform for Personalized Orthopedics (unit Surgical Sciences and Technologies)
- 2020: Health Researcher at the IOR, Omic Science Platform for Personalized Orthopedics
- 2019-20: Health Researcher at the IOR, Technological Platform for Tissue Engineering, Teranostics and Oncology
- 2015-19: Researcher at the IOR, Technological Platform for Tissue Engineering, Teranostics and Oncology. Collaboration contract
- 2015: Researcher at the IOR, Technological Platform for Tissue Engineering, Teranostics and Oncology. Collaboration Contract for the PON01_01059 project - Development of a new technological platform for the non-invasive treatment of oncological and infectious diseases based on the use of focused ultrasound
- 2013-14: Research fellowship at the IOR for the project PON03_00011 - called: "Training of highly qualified researchers in the use and enhancement of infrastructures and equipment in the field of teranostics and personalized medicine"
- 2012: Research fellow at the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Brescia, Italy. Post-doctoral research fellowship by the Telethon Foundation
- 2011-12: Research fellow at the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology. Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. University of Brescia. Post-doctoral research fellowship by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of University and Research (MIUR).
English: level B1, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Excellent computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), graphics applications (PhotoShop™, GraphPAD) and mastery of programs for the bio-imaging.
She is author and co-author of scientific articles and abstracts presented at conferences. 28 of these articles are indexed by Index Medicus and/or SCI. Her h-index is 14.
She is a reviewer of the following journals: Cancers, Molecules, JECCR, PLOS ONE, International Journal of Molecular Science, Stem Cells Translational Medicine.
She is an editor for Cancers journal.
- Osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, osteosarcoma, bone metastases
- Biomaterials and biocompatibility
- Biophysical treatments: low and high intensity ultrasound
- Regenerative medicine for bone and cartilage pathologies
- MiRNA and long non coding RNA
- Stem cells, 3D culture models in static and dynamic conditions.