Olivotto Eleonora, PhD
2000: Degree in Biological Science at the University of Bologna.
- 2004: Specialization in Toxicology at the University of Bologna
- 2008: PhD at the University of Urbino.
- From 2018: Research Associate at the RAMSES Laboratory, RIT Department, IOR
- 2010-18: Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the RAMSES Laboratory, RIT Department, IOR
- 2003-10: Research activity at the Laboratory of Immunorheumatology and Tissue Regeneration, formerly Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR, supported by different research contracts and fellowships
- 2000-02: Post graduation training at the Department of Oncology and fellowship at the Laboratory of Pediatric Onco-Hematology of the Hospital S.Orsola-Malpighi, Bologna.
- 2014: Visiting Scholar Laboratory of Cartilage Biology Dr. MB Goldring (Hospital for Special Surgery, NY, USA)
- 2012: Visiting Scholar (animal model of Osteoarthritis) Laboratory of Cartilage Biology Dr. MB Goldring (Hospital for Special Surgery, NY, USA)
- 2011: 13th EULAR (The European League Against Rheumatism) Postgraduate Course in Rheumatology Dublin, Ireland (Bursary winner)
- 2010: Post-Doctoral Fellow - OARSI Research and Training Program (Bursary winner), Laboratory of Cartilage Biology Dr. MB Goldring (Hospital for Special Surgery, NY, USA)
- 2006: "Guest researcher", Institute of Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona (Switzerland)
- 2003: "Guest researcher", Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, State University of New York, Stony Brook (NY, USA).
Knowledge and use of Office applications, Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Internet.
- 2004-06: Target research project of the MIUR - Italian Ministry of Health: Molecular mechanisms of human chondrocytes activation by cytokines and chemokines
- 2007-09: Target research project "Strategico", University of Bologna: Common molecular targets responsible for proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory responses in Osteoarthritis
- 2006-09: Target research project of the CARISBO Foundation: Molecular targets identification for Osteoarthritis therapy
- From 2010: Research project of the University & Research Ministry, FIRB: Pathogenesis and molecular targets in degenerative musculoskeletal diseases
- From 2012: Ricerca Finalizzata-Giovani Ricercatori, Italian Ministry of Health co-PI: GR-2010-2317593: Role of the meniscus in OA pathology and symptoms
31 publications on international journals with impact factors and 1 on a national journal.
Reviewer of Scientific Journals (Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, Journal of Cellular & Mol Med, Therapeutic Advances in Musculoskeletal Disease, Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders)
Member of Osteoarthritis Research Society International.
Biology of cartilage and meniscus in osteoarthritis; inflammation/differentiation and NF-kB signaling; role of the synovitis in patients with meniscal tear, labral pathology and femoro- acetabular impingement.