Pellegrini Evelin, Biologist
Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Department of Sciences, Roma Tre University (Rome, Italy). Thesis research project “Plant alkaloid Voacamine: a natural chemosensitizer for the drug resistant human ovarian cancer cells”
- December 2020 to present: Fellowship at the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli (Bologna, Italy). Project: “Accelerating Biomarkers and targeted therapy development in metastatic Ewing Sarcomas: Focus on cell plasticity”.
- January 2020-March 2020 and October 2020-November 2020: Internship at the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute (Bologna, Italy).
- January 2018-September 2019: Internship at the National Center for Drug Research and Evaluation, National Institute of Health (Rome, Italy).
- November 2012 – December 2017: Undergraduate student at the Department of Technology and Health, National Institute of Health (Rome, Italy).
- English: B2
- Basic French
- Basic Spanish
Informatics tools: Excel, Word, Power Point, Open Office, EndNote.
- Manage of human and murine model cell lines, 3D cell models (spheroids, bioprinting). Transfection techniques, soft-agar, Motility Test, Homotypic aggregation, Wound healing assay, MTT assay, Live/Death fluorescent tests, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence on fixed and non fixed cells, RNA extraction and quantification, proteins extraction, Western Blotting, flow cytometric analysis (FACS). Preparation and observation of samples for scanning electron microscopy and fluorescence microscopy.
- 2014 to present: Member of Associazione Italiana Colture Cellulari (AICC).
- Award: Best young researcher poster for the study “Modulation of osteosarcoma and melanoma cells drug-resistance by not immunotoxic natural compound”, received during the 27th Annual congress of the Italian Association of Cell Cultures (AICC), Verona, November 12-14, 2014.
Oncologic Research, 3D models, Bone tumors, characterization of PDX models, Drug resistance.