Participation to research projects:
- 2017-20: “Acid microenvironment as a target for a cancer-associated bone pain” (ERANet-LAC Joint Project 2016), supported by the “7th Framework Programme” of the European Commission.
- 2017-19: “IRMI – Creazione di un’infrastruttura multiregionale (Italian Regenerative Medicine Infrastructure) per lo sviluppo delle terapie avanzate finalizzate alla rigenerazione d’organi e tessuti”, supported by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- 2014-17: “Targeting tumor-stroma interaction in sarcoma microenvironment to inhibit the development of metastases”, supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC).
- 2013-16: “Photodynamic therapy and proton pump inhibitors for the treatment of pain in patients with bone metastases”, supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC).
- 2012-13: “Studio di fitocomplessi per la terapia delle malattie da alterato rimodellamento osseo” (“Study of phytocomplexes for the therapy of diseases due to altered bone remodeling”), supported by the Foundation Del Monte of Bologna and Ravenna.
- 2011-14: “Multimodal treatment of musculoskeletal sarcomas by targeting proton dynamics and acidic microenvironment”, supported by the Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC).
- 2011-14: “Cancer stem cells: signal transduction pathways as therapeutic targets” (FIRB project 2010), supported by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- 2009-12: “Nuove strategie catalitiche per la sintesi di molecole bioattive a base di bisfosfonati per la terapia e la diagnosi di malattie osteolitiche” (“New catalytic strategies for the synthesis of bioactive bisphosphonate-based molecules for the therapy and diagnosis of osteolytic diseases” PRIN project 2008), supported by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
Reviewer for “Pharmaceutics”, “International Journal of Molecular Sciences”, “Nutrients”, “Journal of Ethnopharmacology”, all indexed in Scopus and with impact factor.
Author of 16 papers, citations: 245 (Scopus), H-Index: 10 (Scopus).
Co-author of the chapter “Bone stem cells” included in the book “Stem cells”, I ED. 2020, edited by G.P. Bagnara, L.Bonsi, F.Alviano – University of Bologna, published by Esculapio, ISBN: 978-8893851718.
First author of > 15 conference proceedings.
Member of the International Society of Cancer Metabolism (ISCAM).
- 2014: EORS exchange travel grant financed by the European Orthopaedic Research Society (EORS).
- 2018: Top Junior Scientist 2017 (Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute).