The main activities of the Line of research are:
- biological characterization of musculoskeletal tumors, to identify prognostic factors;
- studies in pharmacogenomics and preclinical evaluation of new antitumoral drugs;
- perspective studies and clinical reviews, to improve the diagnostic and therapeutic framework;
- validation of innovative surgical techniques, also through functional instrumental evaluations, for the treatment of skeletal neoplasias;
- studies on the biology and microenvironment of skeletal metastases, and on related pain;
- analysis of mini-invasive techniques (needle-based or CT-guided thermoablation, electrochemotherapy, FUS) for adjuvant or palliative treatment.