Berni Matteo, Eng.
2015: Laurea magistrale in Bioingegneria presso l’Università degli Studi di Padova
- 2020-today: PhD student in Technology for Health at the University of Brescia.
- 2020-today: Health researcher, Medical Technology Laboratory, IRCCS Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute.
- 2019-2020: Contract researcher, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Bologna.
- 2018–2019: Research Fellow, Department of Information Engineering, University of Brescia.
- 2015-2018: Contract researcher, Laboratory of Biomechanics and Technological Innovation, IRCCS Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, in the following projects: “Multi-Scale Modeling for Predictive Characterization of ligaments and Grafts Behavior in ACL Reconstruction", funded by the Italian Ministry of Health; “Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Biomechanical Modeling for Treatment Selection to Prevent Osteoarthritis”, funded by the Italian Ministry of Health;
- 2015-2018: Contract researcher, Nanobiotechnology (NABI) Laboratory, IRCCS Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, in the following projects: “Nanosens4life – Nanobionsensori su matrice polimerica funzionalizzata: dispositivi smart per il monitoraggio in line dei trattamenti extracorporei, respirazione assistita e ossigenoterapia”, funded by POR-FESR 2014-2020 Regional Program; “Nanocoatings – Nuovi film antibatterici nanostrutturati per applicazioni in campo biomedicale”, funded by POR-FESR 2014-2020 Regional Program; “Nanostructured coatings enhancing material in joint arthroplasty”, funded by the Italian Ministry of Health.
- Operative systems: Windows.
- Productivity packages: Microsoft Office, LibreOffice.
- Programming languages: Matlab.
- Software CAD: Solidworks.
- Software FEA: Abaqus.
- Software for the analysis and segmentation of images: ImageJ, Medical Imaging Interaction Toolkit (MITK).
- Techniques for the assessment of the mechanical and structural behaviour of biomaterials and biological tissues.
- Systems for the fabrication of nanostructured coatings for biomedical applications.
- Techniques for the assessments of the mechanical behaviour of nanostructured coatings for biomedical purposes.
- Author of scientific papers on international indexed journals.
- Occasional scientific reviewer (ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Clinical Biomechanics, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, Materials Science & Engineering C, Medical Engineering and Physics, Soft Materials).
- Drafting and collaboration in regional and national research projects.
Musculoskeletal biomechanics; Biomechanics of articular tissues; Meniscus; Cartilage; Osteochondral compartment; Modeling of biomaterials and biological tissues; Techniques for the experimental assessments of biological tissues at a multi-scale level.