Maglio Melania, PhD
Title of qualification awarded
2011: Master Degree in Medical Biotechnology, with honors, University of Bologna.
Other qualifications awarded
2017: Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Sciences, University of Bologna.
- From J2020: Health researcher at the Unit Surgical Sciences and Technologies, IOR
- 2019-20: Health researcher at the Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR
- 2011-19: Contract Researcher at Laboratory Preclinical and Surgical Studies, IOR, in the following projects:
- "Advanced in vitro models for the study of innovative technologies for the regeneration of chondral, osteochondral and bone lesions", project "5x1000"
- "Tumor microenvironment: potential role of osteoporosis in the development of bone metastasis. In vitro and in vivo studies", Region-University Research Program
- "Hybrid Nano Composite Hydrogels Containing Nano Ferromagnetic Particles for the Treatment of Primary and Secondary Bone Tumors", Fund for Basic Research Investments
- "Innovative techniques of tumor ablation through the association of electroporation and chemotherapy"
- "Regenerative Medicine in Osteoarticular Disease", Region-University Research Program.
Language skills English: level C1.
- OS Windows/Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Power Point, OpenOffice, browser Ms IE, browser Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Photoshop
- Use of scientific databases as Pubmed, Webofknowledge, Scopus
- Software for image acquisition, elaboration and analysis as ImageJ, Leica QWIN, Zeiss Axiovision, Olympus Cellsense e Aperio Scanscope CS System, Aperio Technologies
- Software for microtomography and related processing as Skyscan, NRecon, DataViewer (SkyScan 1172).
- Software Ecos Workflow for tests with microdurimetry equipment (EmcoTest).
- Author of scientific papers on international indexed journals. H Index: 8 (Scopus- September 2020)
- Occasional scientific reviewer (Journal of Surgical Research, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Veterinary Sciences).
Clinical and/or Scientific interests
Preclinical research for tissue engineering studies, regenerative medicine, evaluation of experimental treatments and medical devices for orthopedic application; development of experimental modeling, alternative methods and advanced preclinical research models; imaging and histomorphometry for the musculoskeletal tissue.