Pasello Michela, PhD
2000: Degree in Biological Sciences at the University of Ferrara, Italy.
2007: PhD in Oncology and Experimental Pathology at the University “Alma Mater Studiorum” of Bologna, Italy.
2001: Formal ability to exert the profession of Biologist.
- From 30/03/2018: Biologist (permanent staff), Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (Bologna, Italy).
- From 2/03/2016 to 29/03/2018: Member of Research staff (as Co.Co.Co) of the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (Bologna, Italy).
- From 15/09/2010 to 29/02/2016: Member of Reaserch staff (as Co.Co.Co) of the PROMETEO Laboratory - Section Development of Biomolecular Therapies - Tecnopolo Project, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (Bologna, Italy).
- January 2007 - August 2010: Member of Research staff (as Co.Co.Co) of the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (Bologna, Italy).
- January 2004 - December 2006: PhD Student at the Laboratory of Oncology Research of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute (Bologna, Italy).
- January 2003 - December 2003:Member of Research staff (as "Contrattista di ricerca") at the Laboratory of Oncology Research of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, (Bologna, Italy).
- February 2001 - September 2002: Student Fellow at the Department of Morphology and Embriology, University of Ferrara (Italy).
- Italian: mother language
- English: fluent
- French: basic.
Principal methods of cellular biology (eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells), biomelocular biology and methods for the evaluation of drugs citotossicity. 3D colture. Recombinant DNA technology and DNA cloning. Recombinant protein production. “Antibody phage display” method.
Excellent knowledge of computer tools for PC and Mac.
Expert processing and image analysis, expert management of spreadsheets. Expert management of databases.
Tutoring of graduating students.
Collaborator in the following research projects
Since 2003, Collaborator of Research Projects funded by AIRC, the Ministry of Health (Current and Finalized Research), the Emilia-Romagna Region and the European Union.
Co-Author of: 38 publications in international journals, 1 book chapter and 1 editorial.
SCOPUS ID: 6507813614
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-2020-9376
Research ID: C-7156-2019
H-index Scopus: 22
Guest Associate Editor for Frontiers in Endocrinology – Bone research. Active member of FOSTER consortium (Fight Osteosarcoma Through European Research).
Members of scientific associations:
- Member of Italian Association of Cell Cultures (AICC);
- Member of the Italian Society of Cancerology (SIC);
- Member of European Association for Cancer Research (EACR);
- National orders of Biologist from 28/02/2008 (order number: 059099).
Preclinical characterization of bone sarcoma models (cell lines, primary cultures, and PDX) in order to identify: i) biomarkers of possible prognostic importance, ii) novel therapeutic targets, and iii) the genetic and molecular basis responsible for drug resistance.
Isolation of monoclonal antibodies for clinical uses (therapeutic and/or diagnostic) by using different methods (hybridoma and screening of phagic libraries). Development of anti-CD99 antibodies for diagnostic and therapeutic options.