Prof. Viceconti Marco
Tenured Professor - Department of Industrial Engineering
Degree in Mechanical Engineer, University of Bologna.
PhD in Constructions, University of Florence; degree thesis on hip prostheses engineering.
Tenured professor at the University of Bologna, Department of Industrial Engineering, scientific sector: ING-IND/34 (Industrial bioengineering).
Awards and recognitions:
- Winner of the “Ing. Aldo Villa” scholarship.
- President and General Secretary of the European Society of Biomechanics.
- President of the European Alliance for Medical and Biological Engineering and Science.
- President and Executive Director of the VPH - Institute for Biomedical Integrative Research.
- Fellow of the UK Royal Academy of Engineering, Institution of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine.
- PubMed: 248 articles on indexed international reviews.
- Scopus: 335 articles, 7772 quotes, H-index = 45.
- Monography as sole author: “Multiscale modelling of the skeleton”, Cambridge University Press (ISBN-13: 9780521769501).
Activity as supervisor:
- Supervisor for 120 degree theses and 15 PhD theses, mainly in Engineer.
- External examinator for PhD theses for the Trinity College of Dublin, University of Auckland, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, University of Rennes, University of Melbourne, ETH Zurich, Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Auckland, Imperial College, University of Edinburgh.
Activity as reviewer:
- Grants: European Commission, United Kingdom Arthritis and Rheumatoid Council, Italian Ministry for Scientific and Technological Research, Irish IRCSET, Belgium Research Council, Netherlands NOHRD, ETH Zurich RAC, Canadian BIRS, Netherlands STW, Israel Science Foundation, KU Leuven START I, French NRA, EPSRC, MRC.
- Reviews: Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Artificial Organs, BioMedical Engineering OnLine, Physica Medica, Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, Computer Methods and Programs in biomedicine, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, International Journal of Advances in Engineering Software, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Journal of Orthopaedic Research, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, Journal of Theoretical Biology.
I served in several editorial board of scientific reviews, among which the Journal of Biomechanics, Medical Engineering and Physics, Clinical Biomechanics, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, Frontiers in Systems Physiology, IMEchE Journal of Engineering in Medicine.
In Silico medicine, computational biomechanics. Primary focus on the musculoskeletal system.