Cavallo Carola, PhD
2002: Degree in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Bologna, Italy.
- 2019: Certificate of competency as Biologist, University of Ferrara
- 2012: PhD in Pathophysiology and clinical medicine of the skeletal apparatus, University La Sapienza, Rome
- 2011: Course of Regenerative Medicine, University of Modena, Italy.
- 2019-2024: Health researcher, RAMSES Laboratory, RIT
- 2019: Training at Erasmus MC, University Medical Center of Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
- 2010-19: Research activity as contract collaborator at the RAMSES Laboratory
- 2004-10: Research activity as contract collaborator at the Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR
- 2003-04: Post-degree attendance, Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Graph Pad and the Internet.
2019: Tutor at the training course "Scuola di Microscopia (School of Microscopy) - Deep Imaging" (May 14th-17th), Istituto Scientifico Romagnolo per lo Studio e la cura dei Tumori, Meldola (FC-Italy).
Participation to research projects:
- 2018: European Project NANO-SCORES
- 2016-19: CUSTOM IMPLANTS project, Emilia-Romagna Region and European Commission, Call POR-FESR 2014-2020
- 2010-16: Project: "POR FESR 2007-2013", Axis 1, Activity 1.1, Creation of Technopoles for Industrial Research
- 2008-10: Basic research of the Regional - University project "Regenerative medicine in osteo-articular diseases"
- 2008-09: Basic research of Progetto Finalizzato from Ministero della Sanità: Tissue engineering in osteoarticular disease: basic and clinical evaluation
- 2006-08: Basic research investment fund (BRIF), Italian MIUR: Prevention of obesity complications: study of the lipidic metabolism and osteoarticular pathology
- 2006-08: Basic research investment fund (BRIF), Italian MIUR: Adult mesenchymal stem cells 'MSC' for tissue engineering in musculoskeletal pathologies
- 2005-07: Basic research investment fund (BRIF), Italian MIUR: Mesenchymal stem cells in tissue engineering for the prevention of cartilage damages
- 2005-06: STEPS Project, European Union FP (NMP3-CT-2005-500465).
Grants won as Co-PI: Finalized Research Grant 2016 GR-2016-02361990 "Treatment of osteoarthritis: a new strategy for a new etiopathology target from clinical application to research and back"
Pubblications: 40 publications in journals with IF.
H Index: Scopus 18
Reviewer of scientific journal: Tissue Engineering, eCM Journal, Aging Clin Exp Res, J. R. Soc. Interface, Mediators of Inflammation, BioMed Research International, ACTA Biomaterialia, Stem Cell International, Molecular Biology Reports, PeerJ, Cartilage.
Cartilage and bone biology: basic and clinic researches. Ostearthrosis and cartilage pathologies. Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine for the treatment of musculoskeletal tissues. In particular for the treatment of cartilage, meniscus, and tendon lesions. Studies on platelet growth factors for the treatment of cartilage and tendon lesions.