On January 24th, 2018, the Central Emilia Wide Area Ethical Committee of the Emilia-Romagna Region (CE-AVEC) settled at the University General Hospital Sant’Orsola-Malpighi of Bologna.
The body unifies the territorial competences of the following Ethical Committees, which terminated their activities on December 31st, 2017:
- The inter-company Ethical Committee of Bologna and Imola;
- The Ethical Committee of the Province of Ferrara;
- The Ethical Committee of the University General Hospital Sant’Orsola-Malpighi of Bologna;
- The Ethical Committee of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute.
The CE-AVEC has jurisdiction in the evaluation of the clinical studies conducted in the Provinces of Bologna and Ferrara.
In order to perform its activities, the CE-AVEC avails itself of four Local Secretariats (SLs). The one located at the University General Hospital of Bologna also serves as the Body’s coordination secretariat.
- The IOR experimenters involved in the research shall send their requests of study evaluations, amendments and other communications exclusively to the Clinical Trial Center (CTC) of the Rizzoli Institute, which will proceed in the verification and will forward them to the local secretary of the CE-AVEC.
- The promoters, the CROs, the experimenters and the other stakeholders involved in the research shall refer to the Local IOR – CE AVEC Secretary, located by the Pharmacy, via G.C.Pupilli 1, 40136 Bologna Italy - e-mail email@example.com.
For information concerning the calendar of sessions, check-lists on documents to submit, specific sets of forms to compile for each center, the possible monetary fees and any other information on the CE-AVEC, please visit the dedicated website (in Italian - under construction):