Desando Giovanna, Biologist
2005: Degree in Biological Sciences at the University of Bologna, final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- 2019: Master in European Projects Design & Managment, Venice International University, final mark: 82/100
- 2012: Post-graduation specialization in Clinical Pathology at the University of Bologna, final mark: 70/70 cum laude
- 2005: Certificate of competency as biologist, University of Bologna.
- 2019-24: Health researcher at the RAMSES Laboratory, IOR
- 2014-19: Research collaborator at the RAMSES Laboratory, IOR
- 2013-14: Research collaborator at the Laboratory of Immunorheumatology and Tissue Regeneration, IOR
- 2011: Research fellow at the Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
- 2010: Research fellow at the UMR CNRS, IFR31, Métabolisme, Plasticité et Mitochondrie Université de Toulouse III Paul Sabatier, France
- 2008-14: Post-graduate student at the Laboratory of Immunorheumatology and Tissue Regeneration, IOR
- 2007: Training Course at the International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS), Cardiff, UK
- 2005-07: Collaborator in the Laboratory of Immunology and Genetics, IOR
- 2004: Training at the Laboratory of Clinical Pathology, University of Bologna.
- Italian: mother tongue
- English: fluent, writing and speaking
- French: fluent, writing and speaking
- German: basic, writing and speaking.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS5, NIS-Elements image analysis software, Graph Pad, search online on bibliographic databases and the Internet.
Invited speaker at the following scientific events:
- Unistem day 2018: "The long and fascinating trip of stem cell research" at the University G. D'Annunzio, Chieti-Pescara, Italy, 10th edition of the European day focused on the scientific advances on stem cell
- Unistem day 2017: "The long and fascinating trip of stem cell research" at the University G. D'Annunzio, Chieti-Pescara, Italy, 10th edition of the European day focused on the scientific advances on stem cell;
- 2017: Symposium "Cell-based therapies for cartilage repair" organized by the International cartilage Repair Society (ICRS) at the Tissue Engineering Regenerative Medicine International Society (TERMIS)-EU congress, Davos, Switzerland
- 2012: Contributor to a training course on histological aspects of rabbit articular cartilage in osteoarthritis, held in NUI Galway, Ireland during European Workshop in Imaging of Cartilage and Bone.
- 2018-21: Industrial research project "Valutazione dell'efficacia della frazione vasculo-stromale in un modello sperimentale animale di osteoartrite"
- 2014-18: Research project funded by the Ministry of Health "Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells as new minimally invasive regenerative treatment to target early osteoarthritis: from preclinical procedure selection to clinical application in a randomized double-blinded controlled trial" (RF-2011-02352638)
- 2014-16: Project: "POR FESR 2007-2013 Asse 1 Attività I.1.1. "Creazione di Tecnopoli per la Ricerca Industriale". Custom implants-Progettazione e Realizzazione di tessuti ed endoprotesi su misura mediante tecnologie sottrattive ed additive. PG/2015/726346
- 2014-15: Industrial research project "Valutazioni istologiche su biopsie osteocondrali".
- 2007: Certificate of merit to the authors of the electronic poster in the 7th World Congress of the ICRS, Warsaw, Poland
- 2008: Certificate of merit to the authors for the poster published in the National Meeting AICC, Bologna
- 2012: ADIPOA Symposium Young investigator award (travel bursary) for the participation at the 3rd International Conference Strategies in Tissue Engineering, Wurzburg, Germany
- 2013: Third Prize for the best oral presentation at the 1st Materials and Medicine International Conference, Faenza
- 2015: Selected for the ICRS 2015 Travelling Scientist Fellowship in the US (New York, Missouri, Chicago)
- 2020: Experimental Biology and Medicine (EBM) Outstanding Reviewer Award.
Osteochondral biology: preclinical researches. Regenerative Medicine and tissue engineering approaches in the musculoskeletal field. Osteoarthritis and osteo-chondral pathologies.