Gambari Laura, MSc, PhD
University degree in Medical Biotechnology (Medical Biotechnology class 9 / S medical, veterinary and pharmaceutical biotechnology, Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna 29/03/10)
University degree in Medical Biotechnology (Biotechnology class 1 Biotechnology, Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna, 12-12-2007).
PhD in Biomedical Sciences (05/H1, BIO/16, Human Anatomy): Alma Mater Studiorum – Bologna University, 22.04.2016.
Professional qualification biologist section A: Ferrara University, 20.07.2018.
Master in Europlanning: Venice International University,02.09.2019.
- 17/01/2020 - 16/07/2021 (rescinded on 23.2.2020) Individual fixed-term employment contract. Professional technical collaborator - technical sector - biotechnologist PhD; RAMSES Laboratory.
- 17/01/2019 - 16/01/2020 Individual fixed-term employment contract. Professional technical collaborator - technical sector - biotechnologist PhD; RAMSES Laboratory.
- 15-06-18 - 14-12-18 Co.Co.Co. ; RAMSES Laboratory.
- 02-01-16 - 12-05-18 Co.Co.Co. ; RAMSES Laboratory.
Previous training experience in which I gained professional experience:
- 01-03-13 - 31-12-15: PhD programs on Biomedical Sciences granted by “European Social Fund, Emilia-Romagna, Spinner Consortium”. Laboratory of Immunoreumatology and Tissue Regeneration.
- 01-12-10 - 28-02-13: Fellowship granted by FORST “Fondazione per la ricerca scientifico termale” Laboratory of Immunoreumatology and Tissue Regeneration.
Mother tongue: Italian.
Other language: English (level B2, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Good knowledge of Office, internet navigation, use of programs for primer (NIH design primers, Operon, Blast), western blot bands identification and quantification (Carestream, Image J) and statistical analysis of data (Graph pad).
I have trained Italian students and foreign guests.
H-Index: 12 (Source: Scopus, 30.9.2022)
- Scopus Author ID: 55674922300
- ORCID iD is 0000-0001-8126-5040
- Researcher ID: K-4431-2018
Co-PI of the project: A novel functionalized NUTraceuticals-laden hyaluronic hydrogel for gender-based PERsonalized treatment for osteOArthritis care: a novel proof-of-concept in viscosupplementation (NUTperOA Participation in research projects). 2021-2023
• Spontaneous Research project: SILK-BONE, biological validation of scaffolds based on bone powder scaffolds. 2021-2023
• Research project funded by Italian Ministry of Health: "The levels of circulating hydrogen sulphide as a new marker of bone turnover in postmenopausal osteoporosis and aging".
• Research project funded by the Foundation for Thermal Scientific Research (FORST): "The role of thermal hydrogen sulphide in the regulation of bone metabolism in osteoporotic patients".
• Spontaneous research project: “Effect of Brassicaceae plant extracts on osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stromal cells”.
• Research project funded by Italian Ministry of Health: “New approaches for bone regenerative medicine and for bone repair using therapy based on hydrogen sulphide donors” (PE-2011-02348395).
• PhD project funded by the “European Social Fund (POR-FSE), Emilia Romagna, Spinner Consortium, entitled“ Development of biomedical devices based on Hydrogen Sulfide for bone regenerative medicine ”.
• Research project funded by the foundation for thermal scientific research (FORST), entitled: “Role of Hydrogen Sulfide in the regulation of bone cells”.
Number of publications: 25 (22 articles, 3 reviews; 8 first name, 1 corresponding author).
Here are the links to Pubmed and scopus with pre-set queries to account for publications in indexed journals:
Honors and awards:
• SIOMMMS prize for best abstract. Bologna, 2017. Abstract title: Development of silk fibroin scaffolds with controlled hydrogen sulphide release to modulate bone mineral metabolism. Presenting and awarding author: Laura Gambari.
• SIOMMMS prize for best abstract. Rome, 20 / 22-10-2016. Abstract title: Development and validation of a new amino bisphosphonate releasing hydrogen sulfide capable of coupling inhibition of osteoclasts and stimulation of osteogenesis in vitro; SIOMMMS, Rome, 20 / 22-10-2016. Presenting and awarded author: Laura Gambari.
• ICCBH Abstract Award as a young researcher. Salzburg, Austria, on 27-30 June. Abstract: Lessons from homocystinuria: Cystathionine beta-synthase as a novel marker for osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Presenting and awarded author: Laura Gambari.
Participation in national and international congresses: oral presentation (6 congresses, TERMIS Rodi 2019; SIOMMMS, Bologna, 2016-2017. Awarded; ICCBH, Salzburg, 2015. Awarded; SCR bari 2015 ECTS 2012 Hamburg); poster (SCR 2016 Bologna, TERMIS 2014 Genoa, SCR 2012 Ferrara); number of abstracts: more than 25.
6 competitive projects written and presented as PI
Reviewer for: 'Tissue Engineering, Parts A, B, & C'; 'Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine'; Marine Drugs; Biomolecules; Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy.
Membership in scientific societies: Stem cell research Italy (2012).
FORUM in Bone & Mineral Research (2013-2019). European calcified tissue society (2013-2019). SIOMMMS (2015-2019). IDBN (2016).
- Pathogenetic mechanisms of musculoskeletal system pathologies.
- Identification of biomarkers of musculoskeletal system diseases.
- Development of preventive and therapeutic applications for musculoskeletal system pathologies.
- Role of endogenous hydrogen sulfide in the regulation of cells, tissues and organs.
- Use of hydrogen sulfide donors (chemical, synthetic, natural) for the modulation of pathologies of the musculoskeletal system.
- Biomedical research in the field of stem cells, regenerative medicine and tissue engineering.
- Biomolecular analysis of cellular pathways; Cell cultures in adhesion and on 3D culture systems in static and dynamic; Development and validation of scaffolds for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering.