Pazzaglia Laura, MSc, PhD
MSc, PhD (Biologist)
Study of gene expression in musculoskeletal tumors
- July 2000: Degree in Biological Science at the University of Bologna
- June 2006: PhD in Oncology at the University of Bologna with a thesis entitled "Molecular characterization of monophasic synovial sarcoma: the chromosome region 3p21.3-p23".
- 2001-03: Biologist fellow at the Laboratory of Cancer Research of the Rizzoli Ortopaedic Institute
- 2003-06: Biologist fellow of University of Bologna at the Laboratory of Cancer Research of the Rizzoli Ortopaedic Institute
- 2006-09: Biologist contractor researcher at the Laboratory of Cancer Research of the Rizzoli Ortopaedic Institute
- From 2009: Biologist (permanent staff) at the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology of the Rizzoli Ortopaedic Institute in the U.O Molecular Characterization of Sarcoma.
English and French.
- Technical skills: main techniques of molecular and cellular biology
- IT skills: Windows Office; Molecular Biology software/database.
Tutoring activities for undergraduates.
The research activity has led to participation in national and international projects:
- 2005-08: “Molecular characterization of soft tissue sarcoma for diagnosis, prognosis and therapy”, Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute
- 2007-09: Research Project “Definizione del significato prognostico e predittivo del proteoglicano NG2 e identificazione di sequenze peptidiche per produzione di nuovi vaccini” (Definition of the prognostic and predictive meaning of the NG2 proteoglycan and identification of peptide sequences for the production of new vaccines), Alleanza contro il Cancro (Alliance Against Cancer)
- 2007-09: Research Project “Clinical biological and experimental for the rationale for the elaboration of novel vaccines for the treatment of selected soft-tissue sarcoma histotypes” – High Institute for Health, Italy-USA Rare Diseases program
- 2007-10: Research Project “Mechanism of action and efficacy of biologic molecules and cytotoxic last-generation pharmaceuticals and their interaction”, Ministry of Health
- 2007-10: Research Project funded by the Alliance Against Cancer program: “Development of new therapies in muscular-skeletal sarcomas”
- 2007-11: "European Network to Promote Research into Uncommon Cancers in Adults and Children: Pathology, Biology and Genetics of Bone Tumours (EuroBoNeT)”, granted by the European Community
- 2009-16: "MicroRNA expression analysis in musculoskeletal tumours", Oncology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute
- 2018-20: Research project "Efficacy assesment of new targeted combination therapies for muscoloskeletal sarcomas as the basis for tailoring patient's treatment", Ministry of Health
Research activity abroad: Laboratory of Cytomolecular Genetics Research - University of Helsinki. Project: miRNA analysis in musculoskeletal sarcoma by microarray (2010).
- From 2012 member of the Italian Sarcoma Group (ISG);
- From 2013 member of the Italian Cancer Society (SIC);
- From 2013 member of the European Association for Cancer Research (EACR).
Author or co-author of publications on international reviews.
- ORCID: 0000-0001-5937-4953;
- SCOPUS: 6602544011;
- Research ID: C-7918-2019.
Mainly occupied in characterization at the molecular level of sarcomas of the musculoskeletal system, in order to identify prognostic and diagnostic markers.