Laginestra Maria Antonella, PhD
Title of qualification awarded
- Currently enrolled in an International Master in Bioinformatics at the University of Bologna
- 2004: Degree in Biological Sciences, at the University of Pisa.
Other qualifications awarded
- 2013: PhD in Clinical and Experimental Hematology and Hemopathology, at the University of Bologna
- 2009: Specialization in Medical Genetics
- 2006: Qualification as Biologistat the University of Bologna.
- From 2020: Researcher at the Laboratory of Experimental Oncology of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute. Project: Bioinformatic analysis of RNA-Seq data
- 2016-19: Researcher at the Molecular Pathology laboratory, Department of Hematology and Oncological Sciences “L. & A. Seràgnoli", University of Bologna. Project: “Innovative approaches to the diagnosis and pharmacogenetic-based therapies of primary hepatic tumours, peripheral B and T-cell lymphomas and lymphoblastic leukaemias”
- 2015-16: Researcher at the Clinical Hematoncology laboratory unit, European Institute of Oncology (IEO), Milan. Project: “Blastic Plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm: from genomics to therapy”
- 2013-15: Research fellow at the Molecular Pathology laboratory, Department of Hematology and Oncological Sciences “L. & A. Seràgnoli ", University of Bologna. Project: "Massive genome sequencing of hemato-lymphoid tumors"
- 2013: Fellowship provided by ABSTE (Associazione Bolognese Studi Tumori Ematologici - Bolognese Association for Hematological Tumor Studies) at the Molecular Pathology laboratory Department of Hematology and Oncological Sciences "L. & A. Seràgnoli", University of Bologna. Project: "Genetic-molecular characterization of peripheral T-cell lymphomas"
- 10-12: Fellowship for the PhD in Biomedical Sciences: Clinical and Experimental Hematology and Hematopathology, University of Bologna. Project: microRNA Profiling in Peripheral T Cell Lymphomas.
Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Operating systems: UNIX (Linux e OSX), Microsoft Windows
- Programming languages: Bash, R, Python
- Use of specific pipelines for Whole Exome sequencing, RNA-sequencing, Targeted Resequencing data analysis
- Use of the R (Bioconductor) package for gene expression analysis.
Molecular Biology Skills - High throughput techniques:
- Whole Exome (WES) and Whole Transcriptome (RNA-seq) Sequencing: libraries preparation, quantification (Picogreen, RealTime and Qubit) and validation (Bioanalyzer); sequencing platforms NextSeq 500 and MiSeq (Illumina)
- Gene Expression Profiling and microRNAs profiling using Affymetrix and Illumina (DASL for FFPE samples) technology.
Author of 24 papers listed on PubMed.