Taddei Fulvia, Biomedical Engineer
Director of the Bioengineering & Computing Laboratory (BIC)
MS in Nuclear Engineering from University of Bologna (1997)
PhD in Biomedical Engineering from University of Bologna (2004)
- Since 1998 she worked as research Engineer at the Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica at IOR.
- From 2005 to 2018 she has coordinated the Computational Biomechanics Unit of the laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica..
- From 2013 to now she is the Responsible of the Bioengineering & Computing Laboratory of the RIT Department.
- In 2018 she left the Laboratorio di Tecnologia Medica.
Excellent in numerical modelling technologies, biomedical imaging software and biomedical data fusion software.
- Publications (source Scopus, June 2021))
• 86 publications in Impacted Journals..
• H-index = 33; Citations: 3887
• 9 publications have more than 100 citations.
- A list of publications can be found at:
• ESB SM Perren Award, 2014;
• Journal of Engineering in Medicine, Best biomechanical paper published, 2004;
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater, Bone, J Biomech, J Orthop Res, Clin Biomech, Med Eng Phys, Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin, Ann Biomed Eng, Biomech Model Mechanobiol, Proc Inst Mech Eng Part H, J Biomech Eng., Bone
Her research interests include: the development of automatic methods for the generation of subject-specific finite element models of bone segments from diagnostic images for the in-vivo prediction of fracture risk; finite element analysis of the biomechanical behaviour of prosthetic components; in-vivo muscles' forces prediction during various motor tasks.