De Feo Alessandra, MSc, PhD
- February 2017: PhD in Experimental Medicine (School of Biology and Molecular Medicine), at the University “Sapienza”, Rome.
- December 2012: MSc in Medical Biotechnology (LM-9), at the University “Sapienza”, Rome, cum Laude/110.
2014: Qualification as Biologist, University “Tor Vergata”, Rome.
- July 2022 : Researcher in Health at Laboratorio di Oncologia Sperimentale
April 2020 to June 2021: Biotechnologist. Research activity: IGF2BP3 as novel biomarker of Ewing sarcoma progression, at laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthpaedic Institute, Bologna.
December 2018 to March 2020: Post-doctoral fellowship. Research activity: study of roles of d exosomes in Ewing's sarcoma at laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthpaedic Institute, Bologna.
February 2017 to December 2018: AIRC two-year fellowship.
Research activity: the possible antitumorigenic roles of miR-34a and sh-CD99 enriched exosomes in Ewing's sarcoma at laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Rizzoli Orthpaedic Institute, Bologna.
October 2013-December 2016: Fellowship. Research activity: biological and molecular aspects of melanoma and sarcoma, focusing on the functional role of exosomes in cancer, at the department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome.
January 2013-September 2013: Graduated in Molecular Oncology at the Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome (RM). Work activity: biological and molecular aspects of melanoma.
During the apprenticeship a number of techniques were learned and applied (immunofluorescence; Western blotting; RNA, DNA and proteins extraction; cloning of cDNA fragments and extraction with analyses of exosomes). In completion of a specialized master degree and a PhD , a good level of expertise in analyzing protein expression in both cell lysate and conditioned medium as well as in nanovesicles released by cells has been developed. A good level of expertise has been developed in studying biochemical pathways that control tumorigenesis of Melanoma and Sarcoma cells, by using real time PCR, culture of adherent cell lines, Western blot, immunofluorescence and gene silencing experiments. Additionally, a working knowledge of computational programs has been attained.
- May 18-21, 2021: Annual Meeting Isev 2021, Virtual.
- November 6th-8th, 2019: 1st EVita Symposium 2019, Palermo, Italy.
- November 27th-28th, 2018: 31st Annual Conference of the Italian Association of Cell Cultures (AICC), Bologna.
- April 14th-18th, 2018: AACR (American Association for Cancer Research) Annual Meeting 2018, Chicago, USA.
- November 27th-28th, 2017: AICC Annual Meeting 2017 (Italian Association of cell Cultures), Milan.
- September 20th-23rd, 2017: ABCD National Congress 2017 (Italian Association of Cell Biology and Differentiation), Bologna.
- March 27th-31st, 2017: 9th Joint IOR/MSKCC/HSS XXX Course on Musculoskeletal Pathology, Bologna, Italy.
- September 5th-8th, 2016: 58th Annual Meeting of SIC (Italian Cancer Society), Verona, Italy.
- June 9th-10th, 2016: AICC meeting – Exosomes in Pathological Conditions: new insights for biomarker development and therapeutic application, Rome.
- June 20th-23rd, 2015: 57th Annual Meeting of SIC (Italian Cancer Society), Florence.
- September 11th-13th, 2014: 56th Annual Meeting of SIC (Italian Cancer Society), Ferrara, Italy.
Identification of proteins and microRNAs contained in exosomes released by tumor cells.